We're searching for a charismatic and dedicated leader
The Executive Director is responsible for determining Pulsar Collective’s strategic plan and ensuring that the organization is meeting its organizational goals and key performance indicators with the Operations Director. They identify and cultivate major funding and partnership opportunities for the organization. They report to the Board of Directors and are responsible for all financial and legal activity in the organization. They are a “face” of the organization and must cultivate relationships with the media and external stakeholders. Lastly, they are the authority on managing organizational threats.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate, dedicated, and committed
- Strong leadership abilities with a big-picture perspective
- Multidisciplinary skills and background
- Skilled in cultivating media and partner relationships
- Significant management experience
- Significant business development and/or fundraising experience
- Experience in the not-for-profit or para-public sector
- Post-secondary education in management, organizational communication, fundraising, or equivalent is an asset
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
- Developing the strategic plan and KPIs
- Managing the Operations Director
- Hiring and reporting to the Board of Directors
- Identifying and cultivating major organizational opportunities
- Managing legal and financial obligations
- Cultivating relationships with the media and external stakeholders
- Preventing and managing threats
Pulsar Collective is committed to creating a diverse environment. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. Additionally, a formal degree is not a requirement of the position, we recognize fully that life experience that has allowed you to gain the skills necessary to do this job well is just as valuable.
Are you a good fit for the position?
Applications due Tuesday August 31st, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT.